Melted cheese and butter may sound like a lot of calories, but it’s worth it for a pretty tasty dish. The best melting cheese for this recipe may be Turkish kasseri cheese, low moisture mozzarella or string cheese. The most important points in this recipe are that the cheese used is a salt-free cheese that can melt well and that the butter does not contain margarine, made of 100% milk. You may not be able to find the necessary local cheeses in your country. Instead, you can use similar cheese as I described before. It is a popular Turkish breakfast meal originating in the Eastern Black Sea Region; has become known all over Turkey in recent years. Traditionally, its recipe and name may differ by region. For example, it is known by the names Muhlama and Kuymak. If everything is ready, let’s move on.
Cheese Fondue with Cornmeal Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- ½ cup water, lukewarm
- 150-200 grams string cheese or good melting cheese
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the cornmeal and cook until it becomes a little darker.
- Pour water on it, stir and dissolve the cornmeal.
- When it boils and intensifies, lower the heat and add cheese.
- Add cheese, stir to melt, add a pinch of salt and it's ready!
- Using a copper pan for cooking will give better results.
- You can discover different flavors if you add several types of cheeses by mixing them.
- You can also cook it by adding an egg to the mixture before adding the cheese.