Since Turkey is a Mediterranean country, it is home to tasty tomatoes. Tomato soup has an important place in our culture. It is made from fresh tomatoes in the summer, also in winter it is made from canned tomatoes which are prepared in tomato season. It is a favorite dish in a lot of countries, and this easy tomato soup recipe is exactly what you are searching for.
If you have really organic and tasty tomatoes from garden, you don’t need more ingredients. This recipe will be as delicious as the soups you eat in restaurants, moreover it’s homemade tomato soup. Adding flour will give your soup a creamy texture; tomato flavor will be enriched with tomato paste and by adding milk, excess acid of tomatoes will be reduced. Let’s proceed to the recipe without giving too many spoilers.
Easy Tomato Soup
- 3 large tomatoes peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste optional
- 2 cups water or broth
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Grab a pot and place it over medium heat. Add oil, melt the butter then add the flour and toast 2-3 min. Afterwards, add tomato paste and stir.
- Pour the grated tomatoes, let the toasted flour and tomato paste mix well with the grated tomato. Cook until bubbling.
- Add water or broth and salt. Then add milk slowly by stirring quickly.
- Simmer the soup approximately 20mins. Check its taste and intensity. Add more water if need.
- Use an immersion blender to obtain better consistency. Add the spices you want. Then simmer for another 2-3 minutes and remove from the stove.
- You can serve your soup with fresh basil.
- Dried mint or mediterranean seasoning mixture will also be a nice fit.
- Optionally, you can sprinkle some grated cheese.