Bean stew is commonly known as Kuru Fasulye in Turkey, which means dried beans. Cooking this dish in a Turkish house means that rice comes with it. The smell from this dish gives happiness, peace and confidence. With this healthy and delicious dish, you can enrich your dinner menu. Due to its high protein content, it is preferred by those who want to stay fit. You should definitely try Turkish Bean Stew with this recipe.
In fact, the beans are difficult to cook, so it is recommended to soak in the lukewarm water the night before. But if this is a completely unexpected getaway, you can apply the recipe after cooking the beans in water for 20-30 minutes in a pressure cooker. Soaking in water removes the gases and softens them. If you are not going to do any of these, you can also cook for a long time and get a nice meal. There is no clear time for the beans to cook, it varies according to their type. You can still cook by checking occasionally and adding water as needed. There is always a solution for dry beans.
Turkish Bean Stew in Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 250 grams white beans, soaked in water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ teaspoon paprika
- Rinse the beans. Soak in water for a night before start cooking (Recommended).
- Add the olive oil to a pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté. Then add the tomato paste, butter and stir to dissolve.
- Drain the water from the beans. Add the beans, water, salt, paprika, garlic and stir gently, bring the mixture to a boil.
- After it starts to boil, reduce the heat to low. Close the lid and simmer for 45 mins.
- Check if the beans are cooked enough, if not, add some water and cook a little more.
- When the water of the dish becomes dense and you are sure that the beans are cooked, it is ready. Finally, you can add the spices you want. Turn off the heat, chill for a while and serve.
- It is strongly recommended to soak the beans in water.
- The beans absorb water quickly and some of it evaporates while cooking. For this reason, you should constantly check and add if necessary, otherwise the bottom may burn.
- Also goes well with sausage parts.