Easy Tomato Soup
This recipe will attract you with its flavor. Made from fresh tomatoes, can't be better than anything else.
- 3 large tomatoes peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste optional
- 2 cups water or broth
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
Grab a pot and place it over medium heat. Add oil, melt the butter then add the flour and toast 2-3 min. Afterwards, add tomato paste and stir.
Pour the grated tomatoes, let the toasted flour and tomato paste mix well with the grated tomato. Cook until bubbling.
Add water or broth and salt. Then add milk slowly by stirring quickly.
Simmer the soup approximately 20mins. Check its taste and intensity. Add more water if need.
Use an immersion blender to obtain better consistency. Add the spices you want. Then simmer for another 2-3 minutes and remove from the stove.
- You can serve your soup with fresh basil.
- Dried mint or mediterranean seasoning mixture will also be a nice fit.
- Optionally, you can sprinkle some grated cheese.